HOME | ABOUT US | BUY OUR PRODUCTS | NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP | FACEBOOK | CONTACT US

Monday, May 16, 2011

Stitching Memories

Stitch Your Memories
Today marks the second year that my Mom had passed away many of you that have read my blog in the past know how important she was to me and how much I miss her.
Marilyn, mom’s name was a strong woman who started her family very young she divorced and married later again to a wonderful man, Willie. He had passed away several years ago so as usual Mom picked herself up and continued living life to the fullest. She never passed a moment to do what she enjoyed whether it be gardening, checking out the thrift stores, creating, cooking, traveling or just spending time with friends.
A few of my brothers and sisters our Dad and his wife got together yesterday along with our children making it a special day to honor her life. We attended a Mass honoring her name then came back to my house for a pot luck barbecue. Not all of her children were with us since they lived out of state but the day was full of love. No sorrow only memories that brought tears of happiness. We took pictures the children played; we ate delicious food prepared by her granddaughters. As I stood back and looked at this family gathering I was reminded of what Mom had passed down to her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren the ability to rejoice in what was around them.
Our Mom was probably looking down at us yesterday with a big smile on her face knowing that yes she did leave her mark on this earth. This is something that I pray for that I too will be remembered with love not sorrow. I don’t want my children, grandchildren and hoping great grandchildren not to have tears of me away from them because I won’t be. I want to be STITCHED in their memories.
You all have stories that have been told to you passed down from generation to generation keep them going. Share with your family let them know where they came from, who they take after or what trait they have inherited these are important facts that all families should carry on.
Remember those old quilts from yesteryear that tell the story of family well now in the modern day times we may not have that but we can STITCH these memories in our hearts.
Lots of Love to you all.
I have shared some pictures hope you enjoy them.








No comments:

Post a Comment