HOME | ABOUT US | BUY OUR PRODUCTS | NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP | FACEBOOK | CONTACT US

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentine's Day Hearts and Hearts Galore

This month has truly crept into the beginning of February not only my birthday month but it means Spring is just around the corner.
I will be able to start seeing the bulbs in our garden peeking out of the ground- I did actually already have two daffodils bloom surprising me with their gorgeous yellow happy faces I took a picture for my screensaver to put on my telephone.
The month started out very productive I sewed over 50 hearts all different shapes and sizes with different looks. Some had wool centers, then burlap centers each with a stencil cupid in the middle adding tags along with special saying I was happy.
I loved the one completed out of wool then added warm and natural along with onasburg each smaller in the larger center of the wool heart. I could not find the dowels I wanted to put them on "make-dos" are what they are called so as crafty is my husband he helped me come up with a stand he could cut from wood for me. These I stained but painting them will be just as great. I watched ebay for days trying to win the bid for different spools, dowels etc after this I decided too much pressure need to find my own way to display. The result was fantastic plus my husband was part of the project which he enjoys. This heart is not only going to sit on my entry table for the February month I love it so much that it will continue to be out all year. As you will see in the pictures things can be added with my first choice being little trinkets that the grandchildren give me, special items from both my Mom and Dad, her sewing needles, or locket, and or even a mismatched earring mementos of Mom, Dad on the other hand he is always on the look out for old items for me I think I learned my picking habits from my Dad- he gave me these old sewing needles from the early 20's they will be going on the heart soon. I would love for you to view the pictures to see what is started on my heart.
I put up my items for sale on face book business page for Our Creative Hands
for now hoping soon to get them listed on the web site.
Our Creative Hands face book business page has previews of the new items if I don't get them on the web site they are still available for sale you will just need to contact me.
So I have given you a little insight of what I have been doing the month of January 2012 hope that all you are starting out your new year very happy, more important "healthy" with best from me to you... Rachel







1 comment: