HOME | ABOUT US | BUY OUR PRODUCTS | NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP | FACEBOOK | CONTACT US

Sunday, April 3, 2011

French Knotted Bunny Stitched Pillow

What a great day to be outside enjoying our California weather the temperature stayed in the middle 70's with just a slight breeze. I love to craft but that just does not include items made with wood or fabric it includes my yard. I can go outside and find bare spots in the soil to add a new plant or some seeds my husband does comment all the time that it would be nice to have a few bare spots but not me my canvas must be full and spilling over. I haven't taken any new pictures of the yard but that will be my goal for next week's blog. I am always finding little items to put outside doesn't really matter to me if they should not be there or not because like I said I spend alot of time in my yard. Right now I have been picking glads,freeshias,orchids,and iris blooms. Put up all the Easter decorations in the house and yard to welcome Spring. I would love to visit your blogs that offer garden decor and ideas. If you have some please let me know so that I can stop by for a garden visit.
My picture today is a rabbit done on linen fabric. Target stores always have these great pillows with stitching they are 25.00 a bit too much for me since I like to change out so much that I decided to give it a go. I found a great Spring bunny traced her onto the material then french knotted with a deep tan thread. I used 3 strands of embroidery thread to make sure that it stood out clearly on the linen fabric. The backing is some tea dyed ticking cotton material and quickly sewn and stuffed now have the perfect gift for a dear friend. I am planning on trying the next one on some burlap material which I know will go great on the patio furniture. I can see flowers, birds and clay pots designed on the burlap then french knotted.
Its been a great weekend hope it was for all of you that are reading.
Remember to enter in the Bunny Giveaway tell your friends we are getting close to selecting a winner from Random.com....♥




15 comments:

  1. Rachel, the bunny looks great! Would you like to show this off, meet excellent bloggers, and increase your followers in the process? If yes, please join our Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    It's easy to join. All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography,crafts, recipes, poem, thrifty finds, or that informative syndicated post that can
    make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first with the one before you and after you, before branching out.

    You’re not even required to include the party button – you read that right – not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to do so :)

    Please join us at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic bunny, without all the Easter pastels & neons! Following from the Creative Bloggers' Hop.

    -caroline
    http://cwfrosting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love this little guy! Thanks for coming by my little place. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that pillow of yours! thanks for stopping by at funkytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a charming pillow! Thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog...I am a new follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel. Thanks for stopping to see me at Simplify. I want to welcome you to blogland. I think you will find it quite nice here, with lots of lovely people, and wonderful ideas. I hope to see you again soon. What part of So. Cal are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kris east of San Diego city called Santee. It still has some quaintness to it. Thanks for stopping by yes sometimes I get so wrapped up in reading blogs I find myself up way too late ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, I'm following you back from the Buzz By Sunday Blog Hop on WynnieBee by way of GFC. Love your bunny pillow and the tea dyed fabric. I used to love to sew but got away from it - I like your bunny creations too : D Glad to have 'discovered' your blog : D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Bunny!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
    Im returning the Follow!

    Have a great day! :)

    http://missimperfect33.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower via blog hop. I love all things primitive. Love this pillow.
    http://kimpjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi i'm following u back from 'mimi's lootbags'-thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel! What a lovely bunny! So great to meet such a talented and creative artist :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel:) Thank you for stopping by my blog to say hello. I just became a follower. LOVE your sweet pillow! Very nicely done. I change pillows out a lot too. I have tons of them. lol Have a great week:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pillow is so cute! That pillow could go in a garden room or something all year long too. Good for you for finding a way to make it cheaper.

    ReplyDelete